All manuscripts submitted to International Journal of Population Studies will follow the following procedure:
- Initial submission is reviewed by in-house editors to ensure adherence to journal policies and for double-blind review.
- Editor-in-chief decides on the manuscript to be sent out for the review process and assigns the manuscript to one of the editors according to the particular topic.
- Editor assigns reviewers from inside the editorial board or outside depending on the topic.
- After evaluations by the reviewers have been received, the editor-in-chief makes one of the following recommendations: accept, minor revision, major revision, resubmit for peer review, and reject.
- If the decision is a minor revision, the authors have 7 days to resubmit the revised manuscript.
- If the decision is a major revision, the authors have 14 days to resubmit the revised manuscript.
- Upon resubmission, the same procedure is applied as for the initial submission.
- Authors may appeal for a rejected submission. Appeal requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. with detailed reasons for the appeal and point by point responses to the reviewer's remarks. Decisions on appeals are final without exception.
- For all manuscripts accepted for publication, the peer review process will be deemed to be completed. The manuscript will proceed to be copyedited, layout edited and proofread before being published online.
Note: You may suggest up to four academically qualified reviewers for consideration. Please insert the current contact details of the reviewer and state the reason(s) for the recommendation under the "Comments for the Editor" section. However, please take note that the Editorial team strives to ensure the peer review process is fair and unbiased and hence, there is no guarantee that a recommended reviewer will be approached to perform the peer review.