Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or other device by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and other applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information and recognize your internet browser. Cookies may last until you close your browser (“session” cookies) or over repeat visits (“persistent” cookies).
- enable you to register, login, provide feedback and otherwise interact with our services;
- store and honor your preferences and settings;
- assist you in efficiently and safely navigating and experiencing our services;
- measure and analyze usage and performance data; and
- assist us with promotional and marketing efforts (including interest-based advertising).
Types of cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media cookies. These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
How to manage cookies
You can manage the use of certain types of cookies by amending your cookies settings via the links in the cookie list on the site or in the cookie control tool made available on the site. You also may be able to block or delete cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu.